We wanted to create a space where you can enjoy both a sense of “harmony” and Japanese “amami” desserts, and so we opened the “Jingu-mae Teahouse Ko.”
From the braided cords decorating the shop curtain, to the works by Kamisoe from the Nishijin district of Kyoto that adorn the interior of the store, techniques and traditions polished throughout Japan are inherited, while modern utensils give rise to a new aesthetic…
We also sell Japanese-style stationery and goods.
We hope that by spending a little while in our store, you’ll experience the “harmony” at the roots of everyday life.
Why not take some time out to relax and visit us?
Zenzai (smashed sweet red-bean soup with rice cake) ¥750
Abekawa (rice cake with sweet soy bean flour) ¥850
Japanese style parfait \ ¥1,100
Cold zenzai with vanilla ice cream and rice-flour dumplings ¥800
Anmitsu with vanilla ice cream ¥1,000
Matcha served with wagashi (green tea served with traditional Japanese cake) ¥1,000
- Kuri zenzai (smashed sweet red-bean soup with chestnuts) ¥850
- Shiratama zenzai (smashed sweet red-bean soup with rice-flour dumplings) ¥750
- Gozen shiruko (strained sweet red-bean soup with rice cake) ¥750
- Shiratama shiruko (strained sweet red-bean soup with rice-flour dumplings) ¥750
- Isobe-maki (rice cake wrapped with nori seaweed) ¥850
- Mitsumame (agar jelly, fruits, and boiled beans, served with brown sugar syrup) ¥750
- Anmitsu (agar jelly, fruits, and red bean paste, served with brown sugar syrup) ¥850
- Mitsumame with vanilla ice cream ¥900